With the chilling January getting on my nerves, here I go with the most inevitable review for the cold winters : The Body Shop Body Butter review! What else, but the amazing body butters from TBS could be the best buddy for you in winters, when the skin needs utmost hydration?
I, for one, cannot bear dry skin. So winters are when I am extra careful about providing much needed moisture to my skin. I am an ardent devotee of body butters during these months as they are no-brainers when it comes to nurturing your skin. 🙂
During the flash sale at TBS India website (www.thebodyshop.in) back in December’15, I accidentally discovered that they were providing free shipping on orders of any amount + 20% off on any 3 products!! Overjoyed, I ordered Wild Argan Oil and Fuji Green Tea (review coming soon) Body Butters and a Strawberry soap. I am currently using the soap and loving it, and gifted the Wild Argan Oil Body Butter to my mom.
Price and Availability :
Like most other TBS Body Butter, this one is also priced at INR 1095 for 200 ml. You can get it on discount from their online store BodyShop or even from nykaa. However, offline you may have to purchase it in its full value.
My review of the body butter :
As TBS claims, it is “enriched with Community Fair Trade argan oil from Morocco for dry skin”, and provides “24 hour hydration”. The best thing about TBS products is sworn by all who know, the commendable fact that its products are “against animal testing”. Who would not love cruelty-free products? Better still, it is paraben-free! Well when I thought of giving this to my mom, I knew somewhere inside me that she’s gonna love this, and so she did!
Coming to the packaging, it comes in the same clan of tubs that TBS Body Butters come in. Some consider it a bit unhygienic for use, however you can always use a spatula. Otherwise, it is a pretty good and easy-to-handle tub. 🙂
- Consistency : This has a thick consistency, much like the Brazil Nut Body Butter (that I used in the previous winter), and not the souffle like consistency of most others. But it beautifully blends into the skin like “butter”. 😀
- Smell : It bears a very sweet smell, and by “sweet” I mean sweet, that is prominent when you open the tub. This smell may be characteristic of moroccan oil, just like coconut oil products have the characteristic smell of coconut oil. 🙂 I had used the Body Lotion from the same range, that bore a similar fragrance. On application however, this sweetness reduces to mildly sweet, that some may even prefer. This smell lingers on for around 2 hours or may be a little more or less.
See how beautifully it blends into the skin? And TBS definitely lives up to its claim of providing a long, long period of hydration (though not exactly 24 hours), and we are happy. Yes, the skin drinks up the moisture helping to get rid of winter chap.
As I already mentioned, the longevity of TBS Wild Argan Oil Body Butter on the skin is just awesome! I love the way it keeps skin feeling soft and smooth throughout the day, inside or outside home. Apply it post-bath, and you are good to go for the rest of the day! The quantity is sufficient to last you the winter (well in Kolkata, we hardly get a month or two of winters :)), but that again varies. However a thing to note is that, spring and autumn can also be unforgiving on your skin, so you can have it in your kitty from the pre-winter months of October and November, to care and pamper your skin, and keep re-stocking accordingly. For me, I cannot think of winters without these gems from TBS. 🙂
I love, love this Body Butter and so does my mom. Initially she was all praises for it, so I couldn’t help trying it when I went to visit her for a few days. I had loved the TBS Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion as well, and finished it up in a month. The Body Butter is more moisturizing and perfect for dry winters. It actually can heal your skin. It’s more like a skin treatment, a boon for thirsty skin in winters.
Now, summing up the pros and cons of The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Butter :
- Instant hydration
- Extreme moisturization for whole day!
- Sweet smell (some may find it strong, but I have no issues)
- Easy availability
- Packaging (TBS could provide a spatula)
Rating : 5/5 🙂